I will be exhibiting in London from the 12th-15th Oct 2016 at Wizardry in Wood – organised by the Worshipful Company of Turners, and only held every 4 years. You can find out more and buy tickets at https://wizardryinwood.com/
One of the oldest Livery Companies in the City of London, the Turners’ Company was already a guild in the 12th Century. Some 200 years later, Edward III decreed that ‘wooden measures, as well for wine as for ale’ should be made only by ‘turnours’ with marks of their own – and the medieval turners established the English ‘pint’ as an official measure. In 1604 the Company received its Royal Charter from James I.
This year their one of competitions is commemorating the 350th anniversary of the Great Fire of London and I have made a special piece inspired by the start of the fire at the bakery at Pudding Lane which will be exhibited at the show.
Beautiful and amazing original works by over 70 of the world’s greatest contemporary woodturners
- Meet the craftsmen – learn more about their Art and Craft
- Admire the Beauty of works from one of the world’s largest private collections
- Marvel at the Mystery of exhibits from the Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew
- Enjoy live demonstrations of the craft
- Take part in a short guided tour of the exhibition
- Collect, Give, Buy – many items will be for sale
- Be your own judge of the entries to the Turners’ Company 2016 Competitions
- Delve into the displays of works by members of the Association of Wood Turners of Great Britain – Society of Ornamental Turners – Association of Polelathe Turners – Register of Professional Turners
Where, When, How?
Where: In the spectacular and spacious Carpenters’ Hall in the heart of the City of London.
When: Wed 12 – Sat 15 October: opens 10am each day. On Wed 12, Thur 13 & Fri 14 October: closes 6pm, last entry 5pm. On Sat 15 October: closes 4pm, last entry 3pm
Go to http://www.wizardryinwood.com to buy tickets